Gruss aus Finnland

Welcher Mensch steckt hinter dem neuen User ?
stt1

Re: Gruss aus Finnland

Beitrag von stt1 »

Some news:

I got the certificate - my car was made 28. February 1968 - so, definately an early one.

Then, I figured out which instrument panels I have. Seems that I have 3 of 4 different "instruments in straight line" panels. And none of them is from Sprint:

Bild

From left to right: Kadett B Rallye F Coupe 1100, Kadett B Rallye F Coupe (also for Limo?) 1900, Commodore A GS

Upper row: maximum width in the upper part of the steel panel
Middle row: maximum height of the panel
Lowest row: maximum width in the lowest part of the steel panel

Side rubbers are not taken account in these measurements.

Need to find the Sprint one... If someone has one, please PM... Most important is to have the side rubbers in good condition with the correct size panel. It wont matter if the panel has extra holes in it. No need for instruments either, I have them. Also, that Kadett Rallye 1100 panel is extra for me, I can trade it.

I'll add another ad to "Suche" later about this panel as well.

At this moment it would help if someone could provide similar measurements from Sprint panel...

---aaand last but not least - I checked out better which carburetor linkages I'm missing:

I have almost complete set for the later (ab) model linkages. Just missing the one long link which travels from left to right side just next to firewall.

For the older (bis) linkage I miss the long link which travels from left to right side just next to firewall AND the next link from firewall to carbs (maybe 35cm long?).

Except of those I have all other linkages. Even some extra ones near the carbs. Also I have some extra intake manifolds. Need to sell them some day.

stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 19.12.2017, 16:44 Yes, the writing on the filter is original. Early filters got the maintenance instruction printed on them, later ones had them embossed on the edges of the upper side.
The filter I took this picture from actually has a date code from 3/68, the one that came with my car has 2/68.
I'm actually not what one would call a gifted fotographer, but I guess, you'll get the idea ;)

IMG_0997.JPG

The color is actually more like orange-ish than a bright red.
Yesterday evening I saw restored Rekord C Sprint Coupe here in Finland. One thing bothered me - it had this painted type filter in it, but car was late model from 1970. It should have the embossed markings in the filter instead of red painted instructions?

Do you know where the date code is located, if I want to look after it (if it's anymore visible)?

And do you know when the change from painted to embossed one was made in production?
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

stt1 hat geschrieben: 23.08.2018, 10:36 Yesterday evening I saw restored Rekord C Sprint Coupe here in Finland. One thing bothered me - it had this painted type filter in it, but car was late model from 1970. It should have the embossed markings in the filter instead of red painted instructions?
Well, this 1970 car does not necessarily need to be born with this early model filter :) I could imagine that the restorer startet sourcing parts during restoration and simply ended up with this early version of the air cleaner.
stt1 hat geschrieben: 23.08.2018, 10:36 Do you know where the date code is located, if I want to look after it (if it's anymore visible)?
Yes, I do. I'll take pictures on the weekend and show you.
stt1 hat geschrieben: 23.08.2018, 10:36 And do you know when the change from painted to embossed one was made in production?
I think the change took place relatively early in 1969. A couple of years ago I sold a filter with embossed markings that dated 4/69. So it's more like an educated guess than actual knowledge...
Viele Grüße
Michael

Die Straßenverkehrsordnung verstößt gegen meinen Fahrstil!
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Thanks a lot in advance.

Hopefully I can do a trade with the owner of this Sprint Coupe. I have a really good "embossed markings" air filter which just needs new black paint (light grey primer at the moment).

Any idea how the screws/nuts for air filter should originally look like? I have seen now at least three examples (for example in graf vlad pages), but still I have no idea what is correct.

Anyway, I got some really good photos from that late Sprint how some things should be positioned in mine. Also saw first time in live few details like SPEZIALÖL-plate.
Kamil_tab

Beitrag von Kamil_tab »

Hi Saku,

I just was 3 month ago in Finland Naantali to buy my Commodore and bring it to Germany, was a funny trip. Welcome.

Cheers,
Kamil
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Kamil_tab hat geschrieben: 24.08.2018, 18:28 Hi Saku,

I just was 3 month ago in Finland Naantali to buy my Commodore and bring it to Germany, was a funny trip. Welcome.

Cheers,
Kamil
Oh, could you share a picture, please, which kind of Commodore you bought?
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

stt1 hat geschrieben: 24.08.2018, 00:04
Any idea how the screws/nuts for air filter should originally look like? I have seen now at least three examples (for example in graf vlad pages), but still I have no idea what is correct.

Old pics Show simple hex nuts. Possibly the self locking type, not exactly visible but if you look at pics with the air filter removed the studs are normally missing from the carb which means they came out with the nuts. The parts catalog doesn't seem to Show anything, neither studs nor nuts, another hint this should be some Standard nuts and bolts that usually showed a reference to in the separate "Normteile Katalog".
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Thanks. The car I saw had two hex nuts, another was some shiny nut and another seemed to be self locking "nyloc" nut. And the threaded part was most like normal metric-ware... Fortunately the thread in carb is very common, M8 bolt fitted with ease - it's easy to create the needed parts. One problem solved, still some to clear.
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

My car had nyloc nuts which I replaced against "Flügelmuttern". The bolts look pretty common.

However, if a date code is available, it is located pretty close to the rear snorkel of the air cleaner.
Here is your foto:
IMG_20180826_184313.jpg
I think they stopped marking the air cleaners sometime during production. I have fragments of later cleaners with embossed markings, where there is no code available.
Viele Grüße
Michael

stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Thanks a lot again, this helps :-)

I hope we can swap parts. Both of us could then have a correctly dated really good air filter.
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

You're welcome and I'll cross fingers that the other guy makes it happen :D !
Viele Grüße
Michael

stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 29.08.2018, 23:33 You're welcome and I'll cross fingers that the other guy makes it happen :D !
I let you know how it goes :)

Next things to solve, gas linkages (not that the car would be finished any time soon, but it takes a long time to find correct parts or re-manufacture them really well).

I have these three linkages on left side (next to gas pedal link) - measurements taken from bolt middle to hole middle:

Bild

No idea which they really came off, neither I can really trust on the one which was in Sprint, because it had normal single carburetor installed when driven last time long long time ago. So, question goes:

Which of these three is for:

A) Early Sprint with the first type gas linkage near carbs?
B) If not early model, which is for the late model linkage?
C) Neither... Most likely from normal single carb Rekord C or Commodore A parts...

And, then the early linkage near carbs, I have these parts, but it's really obvious, that something is missing:

Bild

Bild

Bild

What kind of bushing is missing from the hole (should tighten the linkage rod)? Any close-up photo from this?

And, then the lower rod/link is missing completely. I have two pieces of these (and again, no idea where they came off, maybe single carb Commodore A? Definitely not from Sprint, they are too short and some levers missing/wrong type/angle):

Bild

According to a few photos I found from internet about this early linkage, the rod material thickness seems to be correct. So, I could weld these two links together for achieving the needed length, but even then the problem is that I have no idea for the exact dimensions of levers and their angle...

Anybody out there who could borrow correct rod for Sprint that I can do repro for my car? I can pay all shipping costs, of course. The part can be really worn out as long as the lever parts are in correct positions and angle correct.

If not possible to borrow, I could offer the newer (the simple) type of linkage from fire wall to carbs or money in exchange. At least if somebody is going to put Sprint carbs into Kadett B, the newer type of linkage is a better way to go...
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

https://alt-opel.eu/index.php?sn=clubzeitung06

There's an article with two pics for the early linkage, one from an old mag that Shows These bushings, not sure if they're the same, don't remember what the parts catalog says, have to look that up once more. It was missing in my car as well, at the Moment a fuel hose and two wire straps do the Job.
The pic from the Kadett Sprint Looks similar to a Piece of tube to me.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Yeah, I have been staring these pics already quite a while. I can make quite good educated guess based on them, but I fear that it still takes few hit and miss rounds to create well working linkage just with a good guess :-)

Kadett tube and bushings are most likely same very near carbs, but the part near firewall and also the total length is most likely different, just because the form and dimensions of the engine room differs. I'm not sure though... Not much detailed info about these, but I think I saw instructions somewhere how to get late model Sprint parts fixed for Kadett and GT...
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

stt1 hat geschrieben: 30.08.2018, 13:15 I have these three linkages on left side (next to gas pedal link) - measurements taken from bolt middle to hole middle:
Should be the one to the right, I get about 45 mm if I measure in assembled condition.
Antworten