Gruss aus Finnland

Welcher Mensch steckt hinter dem neuen User ?
stt1

Gruss aus Finnland

Beitrag von stt1 »

Ich habe bereits Rekord C Modelle fast 20 Jahre gehabt (erst war 1967 Coupe). Meine Frau hat auch eine (5-Türige Rekord C Caravan Luxus), und das ist in der "Familie" seit über 10 Jahren auch. Gerade eben dieses Forum registriert.

Mein neuestes Projekt ist Rekord C Sprint 1968 und ich brauche ein paar spezielle Teile dafür...

MFG: Saku Taipale

Kekimo

Re: Gruss aus Finnland

Beitrag von Kekimo »

Hallo Saku,

hier wird Dir bestimmt geholfen :D

Grüße
Weiß ich doch nicht, frag jemand anderen!
Bild

Lirum, larum Löffelstiel!
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Danke schön. Das Grösstes Problem sind Stützstangen für Ansaugkrümmer und untere halb für Thermostatgehäuse. Ich könnte auch einige Innenausstattungsteile benötigen. Schwer zu finden doch, da das Auto früher L-Typ Innenraum hat.
Zuletzt geändert von stt1 am 14.12.2017, 17:03, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
hardmicki

Beitrag von hardmicki »

Hey Saku,

Long long time no hear. You are still alive. What about your last projects. I remember that we talked about several things and misding parts so far. I guess it was too with jouaoni wasn't it?
Nevermind it is great that you found the way to that chat-Forum.
Please don't be hesitate to contact me or other people from here if any question appears.
Greetings to you and jouoni if you see or talk to him
Michael
Wer bremst verliert und die Haltbarkeit sieht man am Bodenblech.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Hi Michael!

Yes, alive and "kicking". Just getting older as we all do... But I can't quarantee anything about getting wiser :wink:

It's been a long time indeed. And lot has happened since. I still have the Coupe as well and one Diplomat A... All these cars "need" some better or upgrade parts, but mostly I would need time to get everything done.

The Sprint I got recently was a bit mishap, but it was available for reasonable price, not a lot modified and nearly everything in place (but really rusty) and I had maybe once in a lifetime opportunity get one (no, it's not a Coupe), so I bought it. I hope I wont regret buying it...

About Jouni - yeah, he is ok, actually I talked with him just about a week ago. He got some 4D Commodore to take apart and I bought a good rear end from him.

MFG: Saku
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Hai Saku,

still on " Fire ". I guess you know what i mean.

Regards M
.....und Er lächelt, denn Er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer! 8)

...is eh alles Wurscht. Hauptsache is Curry dran.
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

Welcome. Could you post pics of what is supposed to be a Sprint sedan then? We should have two four doors, including mine and one two door here already.
I think I might be able to help you out with one Stützstange which I should have as a NOS part in my stash.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

the Brain hat geschrieben: 15.12.2017, 13:51 Hai Saku,

still on " Fire ". I guess you know what i mean.

Regards M
Yes, I know :-)
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

CH-GS hat geschrieben: 15.12.2017, 14:03 Welcome. Could you post pics of what is supposed to be a Sprint sedan then? We should have two four doors, including mine and one two door here already.
I think I might be able to help you out with one Stützstange which I should have as a NOS part in my stash.
I'm not so much picture guy (I have been lazy with them always), but I'll try to get them here some day.

I believe it's original Sprint, just has got nothing done/driven in past ~26 years (normal story - "it's not for sale, it's been a long time in family and I'll fix it one day" - that day never came). There were not many owners for this car and I have authentic paper history going back to 1982 (I will order the complete history from local authorities which shows all previous owners and registration history). Last time it was inspected for road 1991.

Body number matches the papers (and body number matches with 2D body) and old papers state it's 2D Rekord C Sprint. So far I haven't found evidence that the body number would have been transferred from another car. During 80's these cars were not noted to be such rarity either (I know one 2D Sprint which was taken apart during 90's for spare parts - the guy who took it apart found out just sometime ago which rarity it was) - so it would have been really odd if somebody made really good Sprint modification during 70's or very early 80's. L-type red interrior colour and leather imitation scheme is correct for 1968 time period (partially still good, partially not), small size DZM is there, three extra instruments are there in the plastic panel - should be correct too as according to first registration date this car was produced around August 1968 when the plastic holder for those instruments was already used (?)... Original Sprint badges were all in place (front, back, both front fenders and glove box), mouldings in Regenrinnen and the stainless steel trims in arches. Steering wheel is not original, it's some 80's sport wheel.

Sad thing is that the the original type plate is lost. Car was repainted with original colour at least once (there are rust fixing here and there) and apparently during that time the plate was removed and not reattached. I think this is the biggest miss this car has as it's the most difficult to get fixed. I have to create that plate... However, even the more important equipment plate is there and I was able to read the codes. The codes match for gold (Tunis Beige) 2D Rekord Sprint (GS/Sprint package code 571 is there) - also interrior red colour matches with the options with this external colour (I have no idea which number points to interior color). This car had no limited slip differential code, and this matches also on the rear axle. Rear axle also seems to have correct tube length for Sprint, it's not Caravan axle.

Another miss is that there was no more original carburetor set, cleaner box and thermostat box. Story told by the long time owner was that someone "friend" of his wanted to borrow the carburetors etc. for his car for sporty driving and would then give them back later. But, he never brought them back - instead apparently sold them... However, really good thing is that the rare early type (no studs in back as usually) valve cover is in place and also the rare early type exhaust manifold is still there (small flange etc.).

From other equipment: the car has correct Sprint (no holder for ventil as GS wheels have) five-spoke wheels (five of them), correct brakes, correct front axle, correct early type (22mm) master brake cylinder and early type big brake booster.

So - if you have something special in mind which I would need to check, let me know... I can also let you know the codes from equipment plate, if you wish...

From the missing parts I have already bought a set of parts for making one good cleaner box, have several intake manifolds and carburetors (some linkages might be missing between gas pedal and carburetors - need to be checked) and early Sprint steering wheel. Also have already a stock of parts for overhauling axles and brakes and most of the trim/mouldings in new/very good condition.

PS. Even one Stützstange would be very welcome!
Zuletzt geändert von stt1 am 16.12.2017, 09:40, insgesamt 1-mal geändert.
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

Thanks a lot for this detailed Information, there are a few Folks around here who'll find this most interesting. I guess most restorers in Germany would take the easy way out to put in a 2 Liter f.i. engine and retain the Sprint trim with the notion of having built the better car.
I would be interested in the production vin and trim codes, via p.m. if you would not like to have them exposed to the Internet. I'll be digging into my parts over the Weekend for the Stützstange, I may be able to get you a list of available NOS sprint parts from another source that'll be willing to ship to Finland.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Thanks, I'll send at least the equipment/trim codes to you later tonight. For the body/vin number I have to think twice, I'm very careful in exposing it in any way before the car is registered again (and it wont happen any time soon).

Shipping will be no problem, I have friends in Germany who can receive and resend (even big items like fridge, fender or glass trims etc.) or carry parts personally over when travelling here next summer. In some cases I can also arrange pick-up for parts...
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

Welcome to the forum, Saku!
I'm the owner of the second known four door sedan Klaus (CH-GS) mentioned before.
Here is a snapshot of our cars:
sprint4tlduo.jpg
Your car is quite colorful for a Sprint, but obviously at least one second Finish customer ordered his car almost the same way like yours. He only added an LSD, the car was on ebay for quite a while during 2014:
Rekord C Sprint 2TL Finnland.pdf
(414.42 KiB) 96-mal heruntergeladen
As far as my research goes, the plastic instrument cluster for amps, oil and clock was brought into production around April 1969. According to known records, Sprint sedans should have already been out of production by then, so obviously I would be also interested in your adrema codes and the first six digits of your vin.
A verification and an educated guess about the actual build date would be relatively easy this way. A true 2-door Sprint sedan's VIN should start with "18" for "1= Rekord", "8= LZL (Limousine zweitürig Luxus)", the engine code on the adrema should be "1" which qualifies the 19HL and the "571" for the GS/Sprint package is in the list of options. Early cars most probably have also the tire code "633" for the redline radial tires they used to drop off the assembly line with.
I hope to learn more about your car!

Kind regards
Michael
Viele Grüße
Michael

Die Straßenverkehrsordnung verstößt gegen meinen Fahrstil!
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Ok, 6 first numbers from vin is no problem, here goes: 184192...

And the equipment plate:

608482 18216 TT 246 08L
1520448 461 571 595 631

Not very much equipment. Sprint Coupe I once had (was quite bad, had barely body, papers and axles) a lot longer list of equipments in it.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 16.12.2017, 17:55 Welcome to the forum, Saku!
I'm the owner of the second known four door sedan Klaus (CH-GS) mentioned before.
Here is a snapshot of our cars:

sprint4tlduo.jpg

Your car is quite colorful for a Sprint, but obviously at least one second Finish customer ordered his car almost the same way like yours. He only added an LSD, the car was on ebay for quite a while during 2014:

Rekord C Sprint 2TL Finnland.pdf

As far as my research goes, the plastic instrument cluster for amps, oil and clock was brought into production around April 1969. According to known records, Sprint sedans should have already been out of production by then, so obviously I would be also interested in your adrema codes and the first six digits of your vin.
A verification and an educated guess about the actual build date would be relatively easy this way. A true 2-door Sprint sedan's VIN should start with "18" for "1= Rekord", "8= LZL (Limousine zweitürig Luxus)", the engine code on the adrema should be "1" which qualifies the 19HL and the "571" for the GS/Sprint package is in the list of options. Early cars most probably have also the tire code "633" for the redline radial tires they used to drop off the assembly line with.
I hope to learn more about your car!

Kind regards
Michael
Thanks Michael,

Really nice looking cars, silver with black stripes is so cool combination on these...

Yeah, gold + red interior is a bit rare combination. And I know the owner of the another car as well. It's a bit challenging project as well. I hope he will put it together some day...

About the instruments on middle panel - I was a bit doubt on this one as well. While the panel is plastic, it actually has the older type instruments (holes made bigger for installing them) on it. Doesn't look bad that way either :wink: Need to send pic how it looks like.

I have already couple of old original steel panels + two sets of those instruments, got them a long time ago... So, this is not a problem.

Redline tyres would have been cool, but apparently they might have been "too wild" for the Finnish import program and they were not added. I have seen some plates of GS Commodore and Rekord Sprint here and I think none of them had 633...
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

BTW, I have been thinking a while this (not installed on my car):

Which time period was the two-tone painting scheme available? For which models could you order it? Was it available for Sprint?

I don't mean the common vinyl roof. Two tone painting scheme had also different moulding for it. Vinyl roof had chromed steel moulding on C-pillar and under the rear glass. Two tone painting had anodized aluminium mouldings and a bit another way than the vinyl roof.

I know that this option was very rare on Rekord C and Commodore A models, but it was available for them...
Antworten