Gruss aus Finnland

Welcher Mensch steckt hinter dem neuen User ?
stt1

Re: Gruss aus Finnland

Beitrag von stt1 »

Thanks a lot for the information and pictures so far - seems that at least the long link over/behind engine is also missing from my setup. It has been modified once and shortened about 15-20cm. So, I need also this part. Also, I'm quite sure that the next link connecting this long one + carburetors might be missing too. Rest of the linkages (partially modified, but I can fix them) are with the carbs I have bought.

I'll get all carb setups from storage this weekend or after Christmas and take some photos that you can see which links I do have and which not.

Brake booster is similar as in the red Coupe (pics above).

I noted some red text on the red coupe cleaner box. Are they original? Does someone have a high resolution image from these texts straight over the box? Would be nice to recreate those a way or another...

Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

You're welcome!
If you need any measures from actual stuff, just let me know.

Yes, the writing on the filter is original. Early filters got the maintenance instruction printed on them, later ones had them embossed on the edges of the upper side.
The filter I took this picture from actually has a date code from 3/68, the one that came with my car has 2/68.
I'm actually not what one would call a gifted fotographer, but I guess, you'll get the idea ;)
IMG_0997.JPG
The color is actually more like orange-ish than a bright red.
Viele Grüße
Michael

Die Straßenverkehrsordnung verstößt gegen meinen Fahrstil!
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Sprinter68 hat geschrieben: 18.12.2017, 12:29 Hello Saku!
I am the owner of the 2TL. I wish you much success in the parts procurement and have fun with the car.
If you come across in your search on black door panels that you do not need yourself, think of me. I'm looking for a longer time!

Greetings Frank
I just noted these, the front ones are not the best as there are holes, but better than nothing?

https://www.ebay-kleinanzeigen.de/s-anz ... 85-223-794
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 19.12.2017, 16:44 You're welcome!
If you need any measures from actual stuff, just let me know.

Yes, the writing on the filter is original. Early filters got the maintenance instruction printed on them, later ones had them embossed on the edges of the upper side.
The filter I took this picture from actually has a date code from 3/68, the one that came with my car has 2/68.
I'm actually not what one would call a gifted fotographer, but I guess, you'll get the idea ;)

The color is actually more like orange-ish than a bright red.
Picture is good enough, if you can measure the text height and row lengths that would be great.

I'll check next weekend how my cleaner box (project, tubes missing, I'll take them from other cleaners) looks like, but I'm quite sure it's this early type without embossing.

Also some detail pics taken from Sprint now, I'll upload maybe tomorrow...

- Saku
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

One detail question more. My Sprint has aluminium (painted all black for some reason, usually these have shiny sides and only top is painted) panel around the gear stick at the moment installed. But when I bought the car there was (and still is) one loose black plastic panel. I'm wondering which one is actually correct?

I tried to look this from parts catalog and found this information:

1 16 319 - Moulding plate, transmission cover plate (Rekord Sprint) to chassis No. 4 290 989.

My car is inside this range... Parts catalog gives no other information what kind of panel is this. Seems to be Sprint specific however.

I can take a look on the number on plastic panel as well, if it helps.
CH-GS

Beitrag von CH-GS »

The all black aluminum Panel is correct for this supposed production date. I have the same, pic upload even with resizing is for some reason not possible.
An open storage tray on the Transmission hump behind this Panel seems to have been also a Standard item on early Sprints; not sure about the coupes from 1969 on and later.
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

All black aluminium panel is the easiest to fix :D Can use some slightly scratched panel and just paint it over for getting a good panel for Sprint...
Maybe that separate plastic panel is from Kadett or so.

I have that open storage tray in red color, btw!

Anyway. Here are some detail pics for you:

http://damage.fi/stt/Sprint_details/

Front seats are both bad :x
Rear one looks usable and not broken, but is very crispy when pushed and wont last long if sat on, I'm afraid. Door panels are quite ok, but wavy... It's really a wonder that no loudspeakers were ever installed... Loudspeakers were installed on rear panel, under the rear window. The original panel there is gone. I will need that panel... Do you know if it was thick carton with leather imitation surface or similar material as the floor mat?
Motorbremse

Weber Vergaser Sprint

Beitrag von Motorbremse »

[mention]stt1[/mention] Hallo, ein Angebot aus dem Commo B Forum, vielleicht interessant für Dich Saku ?

http://www.commodore-b.com/wbbx/thread. ... =9955&sid=
Gruß Uli :icon_winken_01

69er 2-Tür-Limo 1700 lagoblau/kosmosblau mit Faltschiebedach , seit 1986 meiner...

71er 4-Tür-Limo 1900 L lagoblau(daß die Nachbarn nichts merken :mrgreen: ),Automatik,SKD

IG Rekord C/Commodore A
ALT-OPEL IG 1972 , 4645
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Hallo,

Danke für den Tipp! Leider nicht für mich... Sieht nicht so Gut und da sind fast keine Teile, die mir fehlen.

Fotos was ich jeztz haben:

http://damage.fi/stt/Sprint_carbs/

Ein paar ganz ok, andere nicht...
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

I took the dash board apart yesterday evening. Most of the parts are dated between 11/67 and 2/68 (plastic panel was clearly from another car, 7/70). This points also to early car. DZM is original 4Zyl/4Takt and it had the earliest build date (11/67) in it.

I'll be getting a certificate for my car from alt-Opel. Maybe next week I'll know more...
stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Does someone have a photo how does the choke control cable handle look like?

I'm not sure if my car has original choke cable/handle. Need to confirm this. Also, what is the original installation location for it?

Sunday evening I found out that all the original installation points for old steel instrument panel are still in place 8)

And then I noted that the spare instrument panel I bought a long time ago is too high... Propably from a Rallye Kadett or so. I have to dig deeper my storage, I still have one or two more panels. Perhaps some of them fits into a Sprint. At least one is too low - propably from a Commodore.

Does this panel look exactly correct height?
https://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image-c/ ... /opel4.jpg

Also I have an extra set of instruments for these steel panels. Need to sell them some day.

Also I started documenting how you can make an "easy" change between 6 Zyl. <-> 4 Zyl. RPM counter. But a small showstopper there, I need a signal generator for ensuring the results... Also there is one diode which might need to be replaced during the process, this needs to be confirmed as well. Otherwise the work involves changing two resistors and replacing old electrolytic cap with a new one.
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

stt1 hat geschrieben: 23.01.2018, 10:07 Does someone have a photo how does the choke control cable handle look like?

I'm not sure if my car has original choke cable/handle. Need to confirm this. Also, what is the original installation location for it?
Yes, I do. On early cars it's located right there:
ChokeBisFIN.jpg
ChokeBisFIN.jpg (18.31 KiB) 2798 mal betrachtet
The support is simply riveted to the lower end of the dashboard. I hope the Pic is good enough... If not, I can shoot better ones.
stt1 hat geschrieben: 23.01.2018, 10:07 Sunday evening I found out that all the original installation points for old steel instrument panel are still in place 8)

And then I noted that the spare instrument panel I bought a long time ago is too high... Propably from a Rallye Kadett or so. I have to dig deeper my storage, I still have one or two more panels. Perhaps some of them fits into a Sprint. At least one is too low - propably from a Commodore.

Does this panel look exactly correct height?
https://gfx.aftonbladet-cdn.se/image-c/ ... /opel4.jpg

Yes, the linked picture shows the correct height. It should measure just about 27.3 cm. There is a small visible gap on the lower end, that's common.

The higher one is surely coming from a Rallye Kadett with the 11SR Motor. The OHV cars had smaller tunnels for the gear box, therefore the console needed to be longer. Your second one came most probably off an early GS as these cars featured a pretty voluptuous console between the seats. The Sprint is somewhere in between :)
In total, there must be at least 6 variations of this metal console, depending on the application they were made for:

- Rallye 11SR with the middle instrument lower than the outer ones (pre '68, as far as I'm informed)
- Rallye 11SR with instruments in line
- Rallye 19S with the middle instrument lower than the outer ones (same assumption as above)
- Rallye 19S with instruments in line
- Sprint only known with instruments in line
- GS only known with instruments in line
Viele Grüße
Michael

stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 25.01.2018, 10:40 The support is simply riveted to the lower end of the dashboard. I hope the Pic is good enough... If not, I can shoot better ones.
Thanks a lot, if possible, shoot me couple of better photos from the cable attachment and knob, please. And maybe measurement how far is the choke located from the left side wall (where the steel dash panel ends).

Seems that I had something other than original installed. It was an old really nice looking polished aluminium handle. Like small scale (early type) handbrake handle.
Greaser hat geschrieben: 25.01.2018, 10:40 Yes, the linked picture shows the correct height. It should measure just about 27.3 cm. There is a small visible gap on the lower end, that's common.
Yeah, on lower end there is steel bar raising the panel a bit. I measured the tested panel, it's just about 1cm higher (~28,3) - so near, but still too far off :?
Greaser hat geschrieben: 25.01.2018, 10:40The higher one is surely coming from a Rallye Kadett with the 11SR Motor. The OHV cars had smaller tunnels for the gear box, therefore the console needed to be longer. Your second one came most probably off an early GS as these cars featured a pretty voluptuous console between the seats. The Sprint is somewhere in between :)
It's quite nice console, btw - I'm looking for a good condition original red console for my another car (I don't need the "wood" panel for it) - it can be manual or automatic model, wont matter - I'll convert it if needed. I have one, but it's not so great. I have also black one which I'm going to paint if no else option comes up.
Greaser hat geschrieben: 25.01.2018, 10:40In total, there must be at least 6 variations of this metal console, depending on the application they were made for:

- Rallye 11SR with the middle instrument lower than the outer ones (pre '68, as far as I'm informed)
- Rallye 11SR with instruments in line
- Rallye 19S with the middle instrument lower than the outer ones (same assumption as above)
- Rallye 19S with instruments in line
- Sprint only known with instruments in line
- GS only known with instruments in line
Phew... Too many versions :wink:

The one I tried now was most likely then the "Rallye 11SR with instruments in line" - if I don't have the correct one Sprint, I have to do some conversion work... More digging for the panels next weekend.
Greaser

Beitrag von Greaser »

OK, I'll dig into it and shoot some more detailed pictures of the choke-stuff.
Unfortunately I don't have any red interior parts, guess an ad in "Suche" might help...
Viele Grüße
Michael

stt1

Beitrag von stt1 »

Greaser hat geschrieben: 25.01.2018, 11:32 OK, I'll dig into it and shoot some more detailed pictures of the choke-stuff.
Unfortunately I don't have any red interior parts, guess an ad in "Suche" might help...
Thanks a lot - I appreciate your effort.

I will write an ad later there...
Antworten