C26 und C30 motoren

Alles für den Hobbyschrauber
coralreef

C26 und C30 motoren

Beitrag von coralreef »

Hi

How is it with tho commodore, and larger engines? I have an C26NE on hand, and think i will buy it for stock - always good to have :-)

But how far can you go, with the standard brakes, HA and so on and so on? What and where are the limitations?

Opel Commodore A GS Coupe 1970(with a C26NE engine)

Antworten wie im Deutschen - ich verstehe die meisten :)
Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

Hard to say anything for sure when I don´t know your rules in Denmark, but a C26NE is rated at 150hp, the same as a std Commodore A GS/E, so if you upgrade the brakes to the A GS/E:s specs it should be enough to satisfy the Danish TüV equivalent. As for the C30NE, you need to upgrade the front brakes to the vented ones from a Commodore B or a KAD B and change the rear cylinders to the 22,02 mm ones. You need a 25 bar brake regulator too. If the rear axle will hold depends a lot of your driving style(pedal to the metal in every traffic light might shorten the axles life considerably).
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Commodåren hat geschrieben:Hard to say anything for sure when I don´t know your rules in Denmark, but a C26NE is rated at 150hp, the same as a std Commodore A GS/E, so if you upgrade the brakes to the A GS/E:s specs it should be enough to satisfy the Danish TüV equivalent. As for the C30NE, you need to upgrade the front brakes to the vented ones from a Commodore B or a KAD B and change the rear cylinders to the 22,02 mm ones. You need a 25 bar brake regulator too. If the rear axle will hold depends a lot of your driving style(pedal to the metal in every traffic light might shorten the axles life considerably).
Thanks for the reply! The question was mostly on the technical part, the danish system is hard, but with this old car its only a check pr 8th year :-)

Anyway i think i will buy this motor and gearboks -it fits right in and could be fun i guess(some day when my "new" 2.5h is dead again).

the c30 would also be a lot fun but also a bigger rework i can see :wink:

Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

I believe that the 4-speed gearbox is the largest weakness when upgrading to a more powerful engine, so it is not wrong to upgrade to at least a Getrag 240.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

I am getting an R25 in the same purchase and i guess i would use that if an C26 ended up in the car.

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

By the way, does the R25 fit directly in a commodore or does it require some welding and axel shortening ?

It is a 5 gang...

Scheich

Beitrag von Scheich »

viel zu gross das R25 musste warscheinlich den Kardantunnel erweitern und und....

mach ein 240er rein :wink:
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Scheich hat geschrieben:viel zu gross das R25 musste warscheinlich den Kardantunnel erweitern und und....

Ok, maybe i should just skip the gearboks then.

What is a decent price for a 240 ? There are 3 for sale here in Denmark, 200 euro each ?

Scheich

Beitrag von Scheich »

coralreef hat geschrieben:
Scheich hat geschrieben:viel zu gross das R25 musste warscheinlich den Kardantunnel erweitern und und....

Ok, maybe i should just skip the gearboks then.

What is a decent price for a 240 ? There are 3 for sale here in Denmark, 200 euro each ?

wenn alles in ordnung ist mit den 240er ist 200 euro ok

pass aber auf das es für Opels ist und nicht für BMW
the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Ein Freund von mir hat ein R25 in eine Ab Fgstnr Karosse ohne Blecharbeiten gebaut.

Ändern muß man auch für das 240er das halbe Fahrzeug, wenns eine Bis Fgstnr Karosse ist.

200 Euro für ein komplettes Getriebe mit Schaltkulisse ist in Ordnung.

Habe am WE ein 240er mit einem R25 verglichen. Optisch kaum Unterschiede.

Kaufe wohl Mittwoch eine Einheit mit so einem R25 Getriebe und kann das beizeiten mal durchmessen wo es markante Unterschiede hat.
.....und Er lächelt, denn Er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer! 8)

Nix iss mir so lieb , wie der Heckantrieb........
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Danke !

Maybe its time for me to figure out this "Ab oder Bis fgstnr" ? Sorry but i newer really got it ;) :shock: :roll: :wink:

Scheich

Beitrag von Scheich »

the Brain hat geschrieben:Ein Freund von mir hat ein R25 in eine Ab Fgstnr Karosse ohne Blecharbeiten gebaut.

Ändern muß man auch für das 240er das halbe Fahrzeug, wenns eine Bis Fgstnr Karosse ist.

200 Euro für ein komplettes Getriebe mit Schaltkulisse ist in Ordnung.

Habe am WE ein 240er mit einem R25 verglichen. Optisch kaum Unterschiede.

Kaufe wohl Mittwoch eine Einheit mit so einem R25 Getriebe und kann das beizeiten mal durchmessen wo es markante Unterschiede hat.
hier steht das auch ab Fahrgestellnr. am Tunnel nachgearbeitet werden muss

http://www.opel66-72.de/viewtopic.php?t ... triebe+r25

dann schau mal nach wenn Du da was bekommst :wink:
Scheich

Beitrag von Scheich »

coralreef hat geschrieben:Danke !

Maybe its time for me to figure out this "Ab oder Bis fgstnr" ? Sorry but i newer really got it ;) :shock: :roll: :wink:
deiner ist ein 70ger sollte AB Fahrgestellnr. sein
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Danke ! But please also explain what does it mean ? What is this number ?

Does anyone have a link to a built in thread of a 240 getrag ? With pictures and info, just to see the work needed ?
The R25 and 28s are cheap and solid, so they could become good replacements i would say, but the modification part seams to big i guess...

the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Aber es steht nicht was warum nachgearbeitet werden musste. Durchaus denkbar das die Schaltkulisse beim R25 geändert werden muß. Das war übrigens das markanteste was ich jemals gefahren bin. Schalthebel ca. 10cm Länge, das machte nur noch klack beim schalten. Endgeile H-Schaltung.

Die Schaltkulisse beim 240er muß auch geändert werden, oder der Getriebetunnel. Also nütscht Plug and Play. Von den hakeligen Gängen z.B. Rückwärtsgang, oder alles was unten liegt will ich garnicht erst anfangen.

@ Scheich, mir ist das Wambo was es zu lesen gibt. Ich verlasse mich auf meine Erfahrungen und das was meine Freunde ins Eisen bauen.
.....und Er lächelt, denn Er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer! 8)

Nix iss mir so lieb , wie der Heckantrieb........
Antworten