C26 und C30 motoren

Alles für den Hobbyschrauber
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

the Brain hat geschrieben:Aber es steht nicht was warum nachgearbeitet werden musste. Durchaus denkbar das die Schaltkulisse beim R25 geändert werden muß. Das war übrigens das markanteste was ich jemals gefahren bin. Schalthebel ca. 10cm Länge, das machte nur noch klack beim schalten. Endgeile H-Schaltung.

Die Schaltkulisse beim 240er muß auch geändert werden, oder der Getriebetunnel. Also nütscht Plug and Play. Von den hakeligen Gängen z.B. Rückwärtsgang, oder alles was unten liegt will ich garnicht erst anfangen.

@ Scheich, mir ist das Wambo was es zu lesen gibt. Ich verlasse mich auf meine Erfahrungen und das was meine Freunde ins Eisen bauen.
Danke fur info... My deutch is not that good so please explain the first part again(schaltkulisse, schalthebel lange usw). Danke!

The 240 dosnt fit a C26 directly as far as i can see either... Shwungrad is to thick :-) And with modifications on the car for both r25 and 240 - i would prefer the r25 due to price, spareparts and age/km.

Anyway, there must be someone out there with an answer as i have seen a few commodores with C26 or C30 engines. And one of them must have that gearboks :-)

Opel Commodore A GS Coupe 1970(with a C26NE engine)

Antworten wie im Deutschen - ich verstehe die meisten :)
Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

You have to move the shifter forward when you convert to a 240 or R25 etc gearbox, because otherwise you would have to make a new hole farther back in the transmission tunnel if the shifter stays in the 240/R25:s original position.
You must obviously change the original C26NE twin mass flywheel to one from a 22E or 25S/H - 28S/H engine when you convert to a 240. And with a R25 you must have a custom drive shaft made to fit, with a 240 you only need to shorten the original 4-speed shaft.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Ok !

That settled it - the 240 is the way to go i would say. Flywheel shift no problem, i have one and a new clutch from my 2.5H.
Shorten the shaft, bo problem either ;)

Move shifter forward, i guess i get that when i Pick up the 240 next week.

Doing a new shaft for an R25 is just a to big job for me !

And yes - i will next week mount an C26 in my commodore :) ;) !!!

Thanks

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Btw - any downsides on that flywheel replacement on a c26 ?

And while we are add it, how would it work with the normal 4 gang for a start ?

Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

There should not be any problems with the flywheel change as long as there is nothing wrong with the new one. The original 4-speed works fine as long as you dont abuse it too much(that goes with less powerful engines too). But with the C26NE having nice torque, it is tiring to unnecessarely rev the engine when cruising at highway speeds. As an example, the original 4-speed with 3,56:1 rear gears and 195/70 14 tires makes the engine rev about 3000RPM at 100 km/h compared to about 2400RPM with the 3,56:1 and Getrag 240 at the same speed.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

As i have a 240 on hand and we rarely see them around here i will by it(150 euro).
But i might start out with the 4 speed, as i am still planning on the total restore and bodywork this winter. A rework of the tunnel would fit me better then.

And thank you for the ratio info, i didnt know those figures exactly.

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Work to be done ! C26NE has arrived and 25H is out !

Bild

RonHammer

Beitrag von RonHammer »

Ein Problem beim R25 dürfte der nicht realisierbare Längenausgleich der Welle sein. Das R25 hat ja einen starren Anschluß.
Suche Brief: Kadett B Coupé, Typschlüssel 429 und alle anderen Arten von CIH-Kadett-Briefen!
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Engine cleaned and commo ölwanne getting on...

For a start it will be with a normal 4 shift gearbox.

Bild

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Here are some pictures from this evenings work in the garage...

Oilsump moved over from 25H engine along with oil suction pipe:

Bild

Bild

Bild

Engine removed from motorstand and liftet back down on the frontwheels - really need to buy myself a small motor crane :).

Bild

Bild

Bild

Flywheel and new clutch mounted also from the 25H commodore engine, to fit the normal 4 speed gearbox. I have a 240 getrag in mind, but not now(winter this year maybe):

Bild

Bild

Gearbox mounted:

Bild

Bild

Bild

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Engine is now in and all the wires and hoses are being connected - looks good in the car i must say 8) 8) 8)

But i have a few questions...

1. The electric fuel pump and injection systems requires an return hose back to the tank... Is there a good place to mount on the tank system or the fuel hoses in the trunk ?
Is there also an return hose on the GSe, and if so how is that made ?

2. The biggest issue right now is space in front of the engine. The C26NE has an different axle, wheel and fan on the water pump ! Result, not enough space for the fan, towards the water cooler :cry: .
Im thinking electric fan(or fans, depends on the space) ?
I have seen other commodores with C26 and C30 engines - wonder what they have done ?

Anyone out there with a good idea ?

Fan that came with the engine:
Bild

Fan mounted and pictures of the water cooler:
Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

Bild

sable

Beitrag von sable »

Für einen Viskolüfter hast du keinen Platz. Du wirst wohl auf E-Lüfter oder den original starren Commodorelüfter umbauen müssen.
Fürchte, Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe und Wasserpumpe/-riemenscheibe musst du für den starren Lüfter gegen eine für den normalen Keilriemen tauschen.

Tja, wenn du keinen E-Lüfter verbaust, dann muss der Motor wohl noch einmal raus!
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

sable hat geschrieben:Für einen Viskolüfter hast du keinen Platz. Du wirst wohl auf E-Lüfter oder den original starren Commodorelüfter umbauen müssen.
Fürchte, Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe und Wasserpumpe/-riemenscheibe musst du für den starren Lüfter gegen eine für den normalen Keilriemen tauschen.
The C26NE has an "impulsgeber kurbelwelle", so i cant replace the Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe as far as i can see. And therefore a solution based on the original starren Commodorelüfter, is not posible.

A rebuild of the front on the car could make room for the viskolüfter and the original commo radiator, but is a rather large task...

E-Lüfter seems to be the only solution to me, i just need to figure out from which car to take it and modify it on.
sable hat geschrieben:Tja, wenn du keinen E-Lüfter verbaust, dann muss der Motor wohl noch einmal raus!
??? Sorry my german ???

sable

Beitrag von sable »

coralreef hat geschrieben:
sable hat geschrieben:Für einen Viskolüfter hast du keinen Platz. Du wirst wohl auf E-Lüfter oder den original starren Commodorelüfter umbauen müssen.
The C26NE has an "impulsgeber kurbelwelle", so i cant replace the Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe as far as i can see. And therefore a solution based on the original starren Commodorelüfter, is not posible.

A rebuild of the front on the car could make room for the viskolüfter and the original commo radiator, but is a rather large task...

E-Lüfter seems to be the only solution to me, i just need to figure out from which car to take it and modify it on.
sable hat geschrieben:Tja, wenn du keinen E-Lüfter verbaust, dann muss der Motor wohl noch einmal raus!
??? Sorry my german ???
Beim C30NE gibt es 2 verschiede Kurbelwellenriemenscheiben:
- Flachriemen
- Normaler Keilriemen
Beide haben "impulsgeber kurbelwelle".
Für Commodore A muss die Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe mit normalen Keilriemen abgedreht (gekürzt) werden damit sie passt.
Es muss eine normale Wasserpumpe vom Commodore A verbaut werden.
Lichtmaschine muss natürlich auch eine Riemenscheibe für Keilriemen haben. Nun kannst du den festen Lüfter und die Riemenscheibe für Keilriemen verwenden.

Ob Reimenscheiben und Zähneanzahl vom C30NE und C26NE identisch sind kann ich nicht sagen, da ich noch nie einen C26NE hatte.

E-Lüfter muss sehr flach sein, d.h. du wirst einen saugenden Lüfter kaufen müssen.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Oh that sounds interesting i must say, i will look into that, an if possible see if i can find the parts !

And yes an Electric fan should be very thin unless you cut of the shaft on the water pump :).

Antworten