C26 und C30 motoren

Alles für den Hobbyschrauber
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Ohh boy - learning by doing here :)

:roll: :roll: :lol: :shock: 8) :D

The engine is comming out again this winter for a car repaint and a 240 getrag(hopefully) - i would like to skip this task until then !!!

Wouldnt it be possible to just fill in the required 5 to 5,5 liters of oil(C26NE ölmenge mit filter wechsel), insert a shorter oil levelstick and make a new mark on it based on the filled in oil(~5 liters) ?

Bild

Opel Commodore A GS Coupe 1970(with a C26NE engine)

Antworten wie im Deutschen - ich verstehe die meisten :)
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

sable hat geschrieben:Ok, Kurbelwellenriemenscheibe bekommst du von mir
Yes, and much appriciated...

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Back to the fuel pump issue...

Where is the pump placed on a GSe commo ?

I am thinking about placing it right next to the tank, under the car, above the HA somewhere ?
Does anyone know if the C26NE engine requires some sort of pressure regulation after the pump also ?

This is the setup that i got with the engine(not sure if its from the same car as the engine do :)):

Looks like a filter -> Pump -> "Pressure/vibration damper something ?" -> Filter(silver color).

Im getting rid of the first filter and will replace the big filter ofcause. But the "pressure thing" ?

Bild

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

coralreef hat geschrieben:Wouldnt it be possible to just fill in the required 5 to 5,5 liters of oil(C26NE ölmenge mit filter wechsel), insert a shorter oil levelstick and make a new mark on it based on the filled in oil(~5 liters) ?

Bild
Took a look on the oil levels yesterday, based on the 2x 25H and 25S engines that i have, and the C26NE ölwanne. All leveled up and measured out with the 3 oil dipsticks...

First of all, i have 2 different oil dipsticks on the 25 engines - but they are marked with the same GM item number ??? Pretty wierd, and we are talking +/- ~1cm in oil level(i will do a picture).

Anyway, measuring oil in the lower end of the sump looks possible, but not good. I cant decide until i have filled in the required ~5 liters of oil, and put in an dipstick in the hole that i have now.
If not possible to meassure any oil here i am pulling the engine out and drilling the missing hole.
If possible to see any oil on the stick(shortened), i will do a mark, and run it this way for the few 100km the car will run until winter.

Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

coralreef hat geschrieben:Back to the fuel pump issue...

Where is the pump placed on a GSe commo ?

I am thinking about placing it right next to the tank, under the car, above the HA somewhere ?
Does anyone know if the C26NE engine requires some sort of pressure regulation after the pump also ?

This is the setup that i got with the engine(not sure if its from the same car as the engine do :)):

Looks like a filter -> Pump -> "Pressure/vibration damper something ?" -> Filter(silver color).

Im getting rid of the first filter and will replace the big filter ofcause. But the "pressure thing" ?

Bild
If you mean the thing on the left, it´s a pulse damper. The fuel pressure regulator is on the return side of the fuel rail, and there is no need for an extra regulator(unless you plan to drive on E85). The placement of the pump isn´t critical as long as the pump is lower than the tank, because it´s gravitation fed.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Commodåren hat geschrieben:If you mean the thing on the left, it´s a pulse damper. The fuel pressure regulator is on the return side of the fuel rail, and there is no need for an extra regulator(unless you plan to drive on E85). The placement of the pump isn´t critical as long as the pump is lower than the tank, because it´s gravitation fed.
Thanks.

Placement below the tank, again where is it placed on the GSe ?

Pressure regulator on the return, ok nice to know. What type / where to buy ?

Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

Here is a picture of a GS/E fuel pump under the car: http://www.opel6070club.com/forum/viewt ... &start=200 Look at the second posting. The quality of the picture is not so good, unfortunately.
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Thanks but hard to see !

Anyone has a better picture of how and where its mounted ?

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Anyone who has a good tip for the speeder cable mounting ? Maybe from a Weber setup or something ?

I need to go from the cable pull on the injection(seen in the front), to the old bracket system that connects to the gas pedal(seen in the back)...

Bild

the Brain

Beitrag von the Brain »

Im sure you can´t see the Low Level when it´s not on the Backside of the Engine.

The Fuel Pump you´ve got there look like the 1.9 GT/E from Manta and Kadett i´ve seen.

GS/E hat den Aschluß für die Benzinleitung nicht seitlich wie dein jetziger Tank hat. Dort sitzt beim GS/E lediglich der Geber für die Instrumente sondern mittig im Tank in Fahrtrichtung vorne. Die Pumpe wird an der Tankwanne befestigt, also hinter der Achse etwas aus der Mitte zur Fahrtrichtung. Ich mache morgen mal ein Bild wie das bei meinem Umbau aussieht. AUch mache ich mal ein Bild von einem GS/E Tank.
.....und Er lächelt, denn Er weiß: Das Böse siegt immer! 8)

Nix iss mir so lieb , wie der Heckantrieb........
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

Got the pump mounted yesterday ;).

I guess your right on the low level oil issue ! Winter is coming anyway so time for the paint job and engine out... At least i have it all testfitted and tuned in soon and a few drives maybe ? We will see !

Bild

coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

BTW - Maybe i should do a build thread afterwards, as i guide for a C26/30 engine mount in a commo a... I have all the pictures and i have made all the mistakes 8) - no reason for others to do the same :roll: :D

Joan

Beitrag von Joan »

coralreef hat geschrieben:BTW - Maybe i should do a build thread afterwards, as i guide for a C26/30 engine mount in a commo a... I have all the pictures and i have made all the mistakes 8) - no reason for others to do the same :roll: :D
Also i dont fully agree on the need of having such an engine in a Commo, i think its a good idea!
But i suggest, you should try printing it into an pdf (just all the forum pages after another, unless you like to clean it up). Forum knowledge is quite good but gets lost every year or so. A PDF stored online and a link will remain much longer!

Much Fun!
Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
coralreef

Beitrag von coralreef »

No there is no NEED to - but it is a good match ?

The 2.5 GS/e engine, with fuel injection and 150hp vs. an C26NE with almost the same specs just better fuel economy and ~+25 years newer. And it almost fits right in...
Now i can buy parts in the local store - for an Omega A :D

All in all you can have this for max less than ~500euro(i spend 350-400 euro on this in total, and its an below 120.000km engine).

So, if your not dead solid on the "keep it original"....

Anyway, PDF file or on my own website seams to be a good idea yes, to keep the overview.

Joan

Beitrag von Joan »

True, i had in mind the C30NE, but i aint no judge! Do as you please.
I didnt mean to start this jurassic discussion! :)
Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
Antworten