Commodore A 2d Limo "breitbau"

Herausragende Berichte und Arbeitsanleitungen sollen hier einen besonderen Platz finden.
Commodåren

Re: Commodore A 2d Limo "breitbau"

Beitrag von Commodåren » 19.05.2016, 13:31

HOT ROD hat geschrieben:This looks a lot better. It's not a dragcar so it shouldn't have the rake it had before.
:icon_daumen_01 :icon_daumen_01
Thanks, I have to admit it's incredible what the right stance does to a car. :)

HOT ROD

Beitrag von HOT ROD » 19.05.2016, 21:01

Something further I can ad to this is that for best traction and road holding, the front and aft bolts of the radius arms, that connect the rear axle to the body, should be at equal height. That goes for the lower and the upper arms.
For instance, if you raise the back of the car (longer or stiffer springs) the upper arms point to the sky in front and since the rear axle pulls on those links, the rear axle will be pulled up. No, your wheels won't become airborne but you will understand that there's less pressure from the wheel, on the road.
Another fenomena is that in reaction of the driving torque, the rear axle, in a solid rear axle design, tends to rotate anti clockwise, thus on the right side adds to the upward force and on the left side counteracts that same upwards force.
The left rearwheel will therefore have more wheel pressure on the road and thus more traction then the right side rear wheel.
This is easely seen on a solid rearaxle car with open differential, only the right rear tire breaks loose.

Lowering the rear also gives more weight distribution to the rear. All great rally or circuittrack RWD cars with solid axle are more or less tail draggin'.
Look at Manta and Ascona 400 but also the A Commodores.
Its only good, when You do it yourself.

Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren » 19.05.2016, 21:16

HOT ROD hat geschrieben:Something further I can ad to this is that for best traction and road holding, the front and aft bolts of the radius arms, that connect the rear axle to the body, should be at equal height. That goes for the lower and the upper arms.
For instance, if you raise the back of the car (longer or stiffer springs) the upper arms point to the sky in front and since the rear axle pulls on those links, the rear axle will be pulled up. No, your wheels won't become airborne but you will understand that there's less pressure from the wheel, on the road.
Another fenomena is that in reaction of the driving torque, the rear axle, in a solid rear axle design, tends to rotate anti clockwise, thus on the right side adds to the upward force and on the left side counteracts that same upwards force.
The left rearwheel will therefore have more wheel pressure on the road and thus more traction then the right side rear wheel.
This is easely seen on a solid rearaxle car with open differential, only the right rear tire breaks loose.

Lowering the rear also gives more weight distribution to the rear. All great rally or circuittrack RWD cars with solid axle are more or less tail draggin'.
Look at Manta and Ascona 400 but also the A Commodores.
Yes, I agree, all you wrote is absolutely true.

HOT ROD

Beitrag von HOT ROD » 19.05.2016, 23:43

I know, I broke my satelite gears in a single burn-out attempt. When I investigated the cause of the destruction I also found how to stop the rear axle shake. I altered the ears on the rear axle where the upper links connect so that the rear bolts sit higher then the ones on the front if the links. I also lowered the front connectors of the lower links.
My Commodore Coupe looks more like a drag car and I also competed four seasons dragracing with her that's why my Commodore sits higher in the back .
Its only good, when You do it yourself.

Antworten