1.9N im Rekord/Erfahrungen

Alles für den Hobbyschrauber
Joan

Beitrag von Joan »

Ich fahr die Kombi auch seit… äh x Jahren und kann den Motor empfehlen aber:

Es ist ein N- Motor, gebaut fuer 91 Oktan. Wenn man da Super Plus reinschmeisst is das eben ein wenig Verschwendung.
Da der Motor Muldenkolben fuer die geringere Verdichtung nutzt hilft ein anderer Kopf nichts und man muesste eben die Kolben tauschen.
Da kann genauso gut gleich sich mit nem 19S / 20S beschäftigen.

Mit dem originalen PDSI hat der 19N schon eher 80 als 75 PS gehabt.
Ein DIDTA sollte recht gut laufen. Ich fahr einen Varajet 2.
Meiner nimmt konstant 10.5 Liter als Automatic.

Der Motor summt und fährt wie ein Bienchen, aber zum Aufbauen eines neuen Triebwerks würd ich immer einen S Motor empfehlen, da halt Normal Benzin nicht mehr verfügbar ist.

Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

Forget the 19N, it´s a grandma engine with no compression and a weenie carb that starves the engine of air. It is way cheaper and better in the long run to buy a 20S in good shape, and easier to find too considering how many Rekord E and Manta/Ascona B were built with it. But if you have a good 19N shortblock you can put a 16S head on it and a 2bbl Solex or Weber and a better flowing exhaust system like the one in the Rekord Sprint, or build one from 2" piping.
Joan

Beitrag von Joan »

Commodåren hat geschrieben:Forget the 19N, it´s a grandma engine with no compression and a weenie carb that starves the engine of air.
That's exactly why it is a good catch!

With your argument any Rekord model is a car for Grandmas…
The 19N is no race engine but apart from that its a good one!
Commodore Coupe, Automatic Bj. '71, 28H
CCRyder

Beitrag von CCRyder »

Joan hat geschrieben:Ich fahr die Kombi auch seit… äh x Jahren und kann den Motor empfehlen aber:
Es ist ein N- Motor, gebaut fuer 91 Oktan. Wenn man da Super Plus reinschmeisst is das eben ein wenig Verschwendung.
Der Motor summt und fährt wie ein Bienchen, aber zum Aufbauen eines neuen Triebwerks würd ich immer einen S Motor empfehlen, da halt Normal Benzin nicht mehr verfügbar ist.
gibt ja auch noch super... :wink:
Keine Patte und noch weniger Raff...
Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

Joan hat geschrieben:
Commodåren hat geschrieben:Forget the 19N, it´s a grandma engine with no compression and a weenie carb that starves the engine of air.
That's exactly why it is a good catch!

With your argument any Rekord model is a car for Grandmas…
The 19N is no race engine but apart from that its a good one!
Of course a 19N is a good engine, it is after all a CIH. But i understood that CCRyder wanted to hot rod it with a 2bbl carb etc, and in that case it is not the best starting point for a modified engine. And besides, a std 19N in a sporty Rekord is a little bit like a Manta B with a 12N, a sheep in a wolfs clothing. Of course Rekords are cars for Grandmas, and Grandpas too ! Who says that Grandmas can't drive real cars and have fun ? :)
CCRyder

Beitrag von CCRyder »

Commodåren hat geschrieben:Forget the 19N, it´s a grandma engine with no compression and a weenie carb that starves the engine of air. It is way cheaper and better in the long run to buy a 20S in good shape, and easier to find too considering how many Rekord E and Manta/Ascona B were built with it. But if you have a good 19N shortblock you can put a 16S head on it and a 2bbl Solex or Weber and a better flowing exhaust system like the one in the Rekord Sprint, or build one from 2" piping.
i don't want a race engine btw. and what i heard from people within this forum and elsewhere: the engine is almost as powerful as the 1.9s (regarding acceleration), especially when it comes with a didta carb who should tease out a few extra hp's.
CCRyder

Beitrag von CCRyder »

Commodåren hat geschrieben:But i understood that CCRyder wanted to hot rod it with a 2bbl carb etc, and in that case it is not the best starting point for a modified engine.
haha, no hot rodding. let's say i want a cruiser who can afford a "quick getaway" at the traffic lights. :lol: 100 hp is the maximum anyway...without further modifications. and further mods are not planned...
Commodåren

Beitrag von Commodåren »

CCRyder hat geschrieben:
Commodåren hat geschrieben:Forget the 19N, it´s a grandma engine with no compression and a weenie carb that starves the engine of air. It is way cheaper and better in the long run to buy a 20S in good shape, and easier to find too considering how many Rekord E and Manta/Ascona B were built with it. But if you have a good 19N shortblock you can put a 16S head on it and a 2bbl Solex or Weber and a better flowing exhaust system like the one in the Rekord Sprint, or build one from 2" piping.
i don't want a race engine btw. and what i heard from people within this forum and elsewhere: the engine is almost as powerful as the 1.9s (regarding acceleration), especially when it comes with a didta carb who should tease out a few extra hp's.
I wouldn't call a std 20S with a 2" exhaust a race engine, but it will have more torque down low where it is needed for take off in the traffic lights or when passing a slower vehicle on the road. The lower compression in the 19N costs torque and increases fuel consumption at the same time. :)
By the way, every time you modify something like putting another carb or a modified exhaust on an engine it's hot rodding in my book. :)
Antworten